Everyone desires to be in perfect shape all the time, but sometimes anyone of your body parts can make you feel bad. Either you were born with some defective body part or it is a result of some serious physical injury that occurred to you. Hence, you need to do something about it to get back in shape. Rhinoplasty is the answer to all your Nose related issues.
It’s normal to be eager to see the results of your rhinoplasty right away. But In most cases, the process takes eternities to recover, which is not desirable.
We are here with some steps and measures for you to boost the recovery time after rhinoplasty. In this article, we have gathered everything you need to know about rhinoplasty – Nose Surgery. So, let’s get started and dive right into it.
What is Rhinoplasty – Nose surgery?
Rhinoplasty, also known as nose job or nose surgery is a type of surgery that involves the use of plastic. Generally, only an authorized plastic surgeon or a board-certified dermatologist can perform this procedure.
Your doctor may use this procedure for reconstructive or cosmetic surgery. It is one of the most common types of plastic surgery that works by modifying or altering the cartilage or bone.
Why do people undergo Rhinoplasty?
People often undergo this procedure for the following reasons.
- Change the size of your nose
- Change the angle of your nose
- Straighten the bridge
- Reshape the tip of your nose
- Narrow down the nostrils
- Get rid of breathing problems
Preparing for the Nose Surgery
While preparing for Rhinoplasty – nose surgery you should consider the following step-by-step approach.
- Step 1: Meet your surgeon and see if you fulfill the candidacy criteria.
- Step 2: Inform your surgeon about your medical history and other medications.
- Step 3: Your surgeon will examine your nose inside-out. He might also photograph your nose from different angles.
- Step 4: Follow the instructions of your surgeon
General anesthesia is used if it’s a simple procedure. While treating the IV line you may start to feel dizzy but you will still be awake.
Children and patients with major cases are made unconscious during the procedure. Then, the doctor starts to make cuts to reshape the patient’s nose. The procedure generally takes 1-2 hours.
Recovery after Rhinoplasty
While in the recovery process, you should not risk the safety of your nose by any means.
- 1st Week: Splint are removed from your nose and you are free to go home. The swelling and bruising are also gone in one-week time.
- 2nd Week: Facial swelling and bruising around your eyes also disappears.
- 3rd Week: You can go back to your routine life and other physical activities.
- 6th Week: The bone of your nose is now stable and you can do some weight lifting activities.
- 1 year: The healing process is complete and your nose is reformed.
Speeding Up the Recovery Time after Rhinoplasty
The average recovery time after a rhinoplasty procedure is about 1 year. You can opt for the following measures to reduce it to about 6-8 months.
- Keep your head elevated: Use two pillows and keep your head elevated to recover fast.
- Use Cold Compress: In the first 3 days after surgery, you can use a cold compress to reduce the swelling. However, avoid applying cold compress to your nose.
- Rest Your Facial Muscles: avoid making rapid movements of your facial muscles.
- Listen to Your Doctor: Avoid self-medication and listen to your surgeon.
- Don’t Blow Your Nose: If you blow your nose, you can disturb your cartilage and nose bone. Blowing your nose can displace the whole procedure.
- Avoid Spicy Foods: Avoid eating spicy foods. Spicy foods generally cause sneezing and runny nose that can disturb the whole procedure.
- Avoid Vigorous Tooth Brushing: Don’t be harsh while brushing to avoid any damage to your nose bone.
Risks Associated with Rhinoplasty
Almost all surgical procedures have many risks that are associated with them. Here are some of the risks to watch out for
- Severe pain
- breathing difficulties
- an asymmetrical nose
- Scars caused due to cuts during surgery
Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure, and it can have serious side effects if you are not careful. The procedure might scare you at first but, we assure you that it’s very common and there is nothing to be afraid of. Always listen to your practitioner for desired results and quick recovery.
Talk to your surgeon about the potential risks and doubts that you have about the procedure. If you are suffering from a health condition or you want to transform your nose then don’t waste any more time. Book an appointment right away to have the facial features you desire.